August 13, 2010

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go

I love MDF because it cuts like butter and you can shape it with a spoon.  I hate MDF because it dissolves into fine dust of questionable health value the instant anything hits it.  The dust migrates everywhere.  It gives me a new appreciation for sanding drywall which I think is somewhere between the 5th and 6th level of hell.

It was a good thing I quit last night when I did.  I remembered a template from a previous job that I used to help dado the support brackets.  Yes, I know I swore I wouldn’t dado.  I have issues.  I didn’t do that many and I’m done with them.  Everything is narrow crown staples or pocket screws.

I got the shell glued and nailed together.  I cut the pieces for the control panel box. and then figured out I was going to put a hinge that wouldn’t be able to open so I had to redesign the box.  Now I just have to decide if I’m going to go back out there tonight.  It sure would be nice to get that box on tonight just so I could see more progress.

Here are tonight’s pictures.


I can't believe I made the first try so big.  This one will be so much easier to move.

No comments: