August 12, 2010

Progress

Didn't get as much done today as I wanted, but both sides are cut and the braces are marked.  Found aggravating news that Lowes and HD don't carry 2x4 sheets of laminate anymore for the control panel top.  I've got two sheets of white, but who want's a white control panel.  I could cover it in plexi like the older ones, but that seems a bit cheesy to me.  Here's where we went today.

All marked up and ready to cut the first one.
Cabinet on a diet
I give up for the night.  Starting to screw up.
Tomorrow the goals are:

  • Get the shell built with major supports in.
  • Measure for the monitor mount
  • Get the control panel blank cut out
  • Build the control panel box
  • Start wiring the panel
  • Test the iPac with the wireless keyboard hooked at the same time.

No comments: